Monday, August 01, 2005

The Fair

Saturday was sunny and warm. Great weather for the fair. My three sets went very well. The audiences repsonded with enthusiasm. Sold some CDs, handed out a bunch of Sampler cassetes and business cards, and hopefully gained some new fans.

The comments I received were very encouraging. The song that most people liked best was "Even Heroes Need A Place to Cry." My sister Jennifer's song "Everything & More" also went over well.

I met a very nice 5 year old who told me he kinda likes my songs. Who could ask for a better review?

I have to admit I was nervous, this was my first time performing since before I got married 6 1/2 years ago. But it went very well, and I hope to be able to start performing more.

Album News: Most of you know that I have been working on album number two. Well, things haven't been gelling quite the way I'd hoped so I decided to re-think my approach. My original concept for the album had no real theme and I just couldn't decide on the title. Anyone who knows me and/or my music knows that I love irony. I've decided to go with an idea that has been floating around in my head for a while. So, my next album will be called "Beautiful Love Songs" and the first track will be You Make Me Sick. Starting over on the album means it probably will not be out by the end of 2005. I am sorry to disappoint my fans, but I'm sure you all understand.

Also I will be releasing a remixed version of "No Way Out" sometime next year.

That's all for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home